The press coverage on the Cambodian Archaeology Lidar Initiative (CALI) has died down a bit now. While many news outlets focused on the (false) lost city narrative, there were quite a few interesting discoveries presented in Damian Evans’ Lidar paper that I think are worth discussing in more detail. I present some of my favorite findings below in no particular order. Continue reading
- Ok - there is some evidence for parts - but the whole Funan Indo-Cambodian dynasty is.....problematic. twitter.com/alisonincambo/… 3 hours ago
- RT @GeorgeCambodia: The most ridiculous comments I have ever heard from a Cambodian official. That's saying something: https://t.co/Wxe0Y1q… 3 hours ago
- This is what happens when you treat mythology as fact and pay no attn to archaeology. It's not true. swarajyamag.com/videos/watch-h… 3 hours ago
- #Angkor twitter.com/ElsevierArchae… 1 day ago
- Today's @Illinois_Alma #Anth101 Primates playlist: Monkey Dance - Pan Ron, Monkey Man - Rolling Stones, I'm a Believer - The Monkees. 2 days ago
© Alison Carter and alisonincambodia.wordpress.com, 2016. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Alison Carter and alisonincambodia.wordpress.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.