Here are some interesting links I’ve come across that I wanted to share.
- Via Details are Sketchy: This is one of the most succinct articles I have ever read detailing all that is wrong with Cambodia today written by Barbara Crossette. I really encourage everyone to read it. True, there is much to fall in love with here, and indeed I did after my first trip in 2005. However as a friend told me after a few more months that Honeymoon feeling starts to fade. The country has improved and continues to expand economically but as Crossette says “the nightmare is not over.” I still wonder if anything will happen to change, realistically I fear that if these problems are not addressed things will only get worse.
- A website I just found out about from a friend that publishes info on Cambodia
- A great blog on transportation issues in Cambodia
- By the same author, a blog comparing prices of groceries at different markets in Phnom Penh.
- A series of videos on a recent History Channel episode of Digging for the Truth on Angkor Wat. Damian Evans who I blogged about below is featured.