Curmudgeon month continues here as I take another myth about Angkor to task. This time it’s the silly “Stegosaurus at Ta Prohm” rumor. This myth has been popularized by young earth creationists*, who’ve argued that one particular small carving on a doorway at Ta Prohm depicts a Stegosaurus. Never mind that the entire temple is covered with carvings of fantastic and mythical creatures, this one carving is evidence that humans and dinosaurs co-existed.
- Forthcoming book on Banteay Chhmar by Peter Sharrock from River Books. *added to wish list* riverbooksbk.com/forthcoming-ti… 5 hours ago
- RT @seaarch: Mystery skeleton of Banteay Chmar #bones #cambodia #banteaychmar wp.me/p8OED-2vV 5 hours ago
- .@archaeology_aia: since Angkor Wat won #ArchaeoMadness how about a nice cover story on all the great work being done in Cambodia? :) 1 day ago
- RT @ExplorersClub: Forget Indiana Jones: Here Comes The Robot Archeologist forbes.com/sites/federico… 1 day ago
- PHEW. MT @sciam: Frigid Polar Vortex Unlikely to Repeat This Winter ow.ly/CXaZb #winter #polarvortex http://t.co/Z5OG3ef6Nb 2 days ago